22 MOTIVATING QUOTES ABOUT PRAYER
Prayer – it’s found throughout the Bible. Even Jesus prayed. Prayer is a powerful spiritual force and something that God wants His people to do. Here are some quotes and Bible verses to help keep you motivated and encouraged about that most powerful work – prayer.
- 22Time spent in prayer is never wasted.
- 21Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- 20Fervent prayers produce phenomenal results.
- 19Prayer delights God’s ear; it melts His heart; and opens His hand. God cannot deny a praying soul.
- 18Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.
- 17And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
- 16Prayer is not a hard requirement – it is the natural duty of a creature to its creator, the simplest homage that human need can pay to divine liberality.
- 15To have God speak to the heart is a majestic experience, an experience that people may miss if they monopolize the conversation and never pause to hear God’s responses.
- 14Prayer is the nearest approach to God and the highest enjoyment of Him that we are capable of in this life.
- 13The right way to pray is to stretch out our hands and ask of One who we know has the heart of a Father.
- 12Prayer is the link that connects us with God.
- 11The best and sweetest flowers of paradise God gives to His people when they are upon their knees. Prayer is the gate of heaven.
- 10O, let the place of secret prayer become to me the most beloved spot on earth.
- 9When the devil sees a man or woman who really believes in prayer, who knows how to pray, and who really does pray, and, above all, when he sees a whole church on its face before God in prayer, he trembles as much as he ever did, for he knows that his day in that church or community is at an end.
- 8When I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don’t, they don’t.
- 7God waits for you to communicate with Him. You have instant, direct access to God. God loves mankind so much, and in a very special sense His children, that He has made Himself available to you at all times.
Wesley L. Duewel
- 6There is nothing that makes us love a man so much as praying for him.
- 5The greatest tragedy of life is not unanswered prayer, but unoffered prayer.
- 4I would have no desire other than to accomplish thy will. Teach me to pray; pray thyself in me.
- 3Do not work so hard for Christ that you have no strength to pray, for prayer requires strength.
- 2Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?
Corrie Ten Boom
- 1The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.
My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.